New York Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog Bite Attorneys NYC
Dog owners must keep dangerous dogs under control. If they fail to do so, and the animal attacks someone, the dog’s owner and those who are responsible for watching the dog may be liable for the medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering that result. In New York, a person injured by a dog bite must prove that the owner or persons in control of the dog knew or should have know that the dog might bite someone. This is often referred to as having "vicious propensities". This can be proven by showing that the dog had previously bitten someone or by other behaviors short of actually biting.
If you or someone you care about has been attached by a dog, you need to take immediate action. Securing information as quickly as possible after the incident can often make the difference between winning a lawsuit and losing one.
Contact the Firm
Sullivan & Brill, LLP offers free consultations to potential clients. Just complete the form to the left or call (212) 566-1000 to speak to a personal injury lawyer expericnced in handling dog bite cases.
For the majority of personal injury cases, the attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP help clients throughout New York City (NYC - Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as the other NY counties. For federal or other large-scale cases, the firm’s product liability lawyers assist clients throughout the United States.
The firm also has an office in Bayamon, Puerto Rico staffed by an experienced personal injury attorney.
Dog Bites News
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
#73 Santa Cruz St., Suite 407
Santa Cruz Medical Building
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- $750,000 Settlement for Medical Malpractice Victim
- $500,000 Settlement for Victim of Sexual Assault
- $375,000 Settlement for Delayed Diagnosis of Ankle Fracture
- $350,000 Settlement for Failure to Diagnosis of Skin Cancer
- Jury Awards $320,000 to Women with Fractured Ankle
- $250,000 Settlement Obtained for Victim of False Arrest
- $200,000 Settlement Obtain for Family of Man that Committed Suicide
- $180,000 Settlement for Man with Herniated Disc
- $175,000 Settlement Obtained for Child that Sustained Hernia
- $135,000 Settlement for Injury from Fall in Store
- $130,000 Settlement for Women that Tripped on Sidewalk and Fractured Wrist
- Slip on Ice Causing Knee Injury Results in $95,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement for Women with Herniated Disc
- $88,000 Settlement Obtained for Man Who Injured Wrist in Car Accident
- $80,000 Settlement for Women with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome